We currently have for sale (1) used (IDM) Raptor Model R-163 Shredder powered directly by (2) 200 H.P. or (2) 250 H.P electric motors through a Reggiana gear reducer. The shredder will have an opening of 57” x 66” and will have brand new knives installed. This unit will work great for shredding semi-truck tires at a very high production rate. This is without a doubt one of the highest production machines manufactured in the United States today. And in combination with this high production factor they are also the most user friendly machines to operate and work on in the industry. I have attached an information sheet on some benefits of the Raptor Shredder.
This Shredder will be set up with a custom built in-feed hopper, a custom built shredder stand and complete electric control panel. We can add a brand new custom built heavy duty disc screen classifier, and custom build whatever conveyors that you might need to complete the whole tires to chip system, price is $525,000 for the chip system.
(Information sheet below)
Reasons for buying the Raptor brand shredders compared to other brands!
1. Raptor offers the industries only lift out rotor (shaft) assemblies “Lift and Swap” design. No other current shredder manufacture offers this time savings feature. Typically make this change in 2-4 hours (depending on your individual situation) and have your machine back up and running. If you don’t have a spare set of rotors then you just change out the knives by removing the end plate and changing the knives in a traditional manner. The “Lift and Swap” design allows you to leave your cleaning fingers in place when you make a knife change.
2. Raptor offers either electric or hydraulic driven shredders with several different versions of each model. These come in single or dual drive. The electric and hydraulic driven shredders come factory equipped with fully automated and programmable touch screen controls. The hydraulic dual drive shredders have what we call “independent shafts”. Each shaft maybe controlled independent of the other. This allows for more flexibility in the programming for the tough to shred materials.
3. Raptor has shaft sizes that are much larger in diameter than the industry standards, and we custom build each shredder to meet your particular application.
4. Raptor offers both stationary and mobile shredders to meet any shredding application that you might have. Raptor offer production out-put capacities from 3 tons to 35 tons per hour depending on the materials being processed.
5. Raptor has three different styles of shredders: primary shredder (shreds whole off-road, semi-truck, or passenger tires), chipper (takes any pre-shredded tire material down to 2” chips), and tire grinder (takes 2” tire chips down to ¾” and liberates the majority of the wire out of the rubber). Each of these use the basic same cutter box, shaft assemblies, bearings, and drive components which allows the customer to easily change from one application to another with our “Lift and Swap” rotor design. .
6. Raptor shredder has several different types of knife or rotor cutter designs to meet your particular shredding needs. The solid rotor may come with industry standard solid hook style knife, or the IDM proprietary bolt-on knife design, or as well as the traditional CM style bolt-on knife design with the side wear plates. The major difference is our knife seats are manufactured out of heat treated 4140 steel, with each bolt hole inserted with a heat treated insert. This makes for easy knife seat repairs, by simply unscrewing the insert and replacing with a new one.
7. The Raptor shredder also offers a much improved stack locking system for keeping your knives tight on your cutter shafts. This is the true secret to keeping a set of knives cutting good for a longer period. These shredders come with both splash plates & seal guards to protect the seals. The bearings are housed in field replaceable housings with seals on both sides using grease instead of oil.
8. Raptor shredder can be equipped with an optional integrated screen for the sizing of materials before it leaves your shredder cutting chamber. (note this will limit the output production of the shredder)
9. Raptor shredder has many different cutting chamber sizes that run from a width of 47.5 inches up to 55 inches and a length of 44 inches up to 72 inches. These shredders are offered in a range from 150 H.P. – 500 H. P. to meet or exceed your shredding needs. We also offer the shredder with many different in-feed hopper configurations including a self-extracting hopper for quick and easy cutting chamber access.
10. Raptor in addition to the shredders offers many of the accessories needed to complete your total processing system. We custom build conveyors of any type and size. Vibratory and disc screens for the sizing of your materials. We even offer a tumble back feeder and a wire cleaning system for removing the wire from rubber.
First and foremost all these machines are built in the USA and manufactured out of the best materials available on the market today. Each of these machines are manufactured to stand the test of time and to be around for generations to come.
Let one of our experienced sale’s staff at URC show you why we feel these machines are the most user friendly, durable, and productive machines manufactured in the world today. We know that many of you have already tried the rest; now we feel it’s time for you to try the best, Raptor brand equipment.